Meet Ashley Cisneros Mejia
Ashley Cisneros Mejia is an award-winning business coach, entrepreneur, and writer. She owns and operates Talk Freelance To Me, a community platform for women freelance writers by women freelance writers. Ashley is laser-focused on helping women freelance writers build profitable businesses. Talk Freelance To Me helps women …
Monetize their writing talents,
⌛Make money on their own terms, and
Design a flexible life they love!
Previously Ashley operated Fenix Creatives, LLC, a boutique digital marketing consultancy. In 2012, she co-founded digital marketing agency Chatter Buzz Media, a Hispanic Chamber Don Quijote award winner and a finalist in Grow Florida’s Best Companies to Watch list.
A professional writer, Ashley spent many years delivering communications products including articles, advertorials, speeches and more to individuals, companies and publications. Her work has appeared in USA Today, New York Magazine, the Chicago Tribune and The Los Angeles Times, among other publications. As a professional speaker, Ashley has presented trainings at conventions across the country.
Before starting her companies, Ashley worked as a public relations practitioner, marketing manager and technical writer. As a technical and business communications writer for ITT Corporation, Ashley wrote white papers for U.S. Naval engineers. Previously, Ashley worked for Florida Trend, Florida’s statewide business magazine. She served as the editor of the company’s teen magazine, Florida Trend’s NEXT, a publication that helps Florida high school students prepare for life after graduation.
Before working in magazines, Ashley worked as a newspaper staff writer for the Lake City Reporter in Lake City, Fla. In addition, she served as a copy editor and statistical aide for the University of Florida Bureau of Economic and Business Research, and contributed to publications including the Florida Statistical Abstract.
When she is not working, Ashley enjoys giving back. She has served on the boards of three non-profits, and volunteered on the board of directors for a national Hispanic women’s group. In this role, she coordinated new member procedures for more than 100 undergraduate chapters. Before that, she served as a regional representative for a national fraternal association. In this capacity, Ashley worked as an advocate for almost 90 chapters across nine states. She chaired committees, managed websites, helped execute three national conventions.
The Orlando Business Journal named Ashley a finalist in its “Women to Watch” category of its Women Who Mean Business awards and a winner of its 40 Under 40 Ashley was also named Outstanding Young Female Leader by La Prensa Newspaper, and received a national award in organizational leadership. She was also listed as one of Lambda Theta Alpha’s Top 10 Professionals.
In February 2012, UNITY: Journalists of Color Inc. selected Ashley as the winner from the National Association of Hispanic Journalists for its New U: News Entrepreneurs Working Through UNITY start-up business camp and competition. She won $10,000 in seed money. The Women’s Executive Council of Orlando also honored Cisneros as part of its annual Women’s Achievement Awards for the Communications/Media category.
Ashley earned a B.S. in Journalism and an M.S. in Entrepreneurship at the University of Florida, financing her education through the Bright Futures and other merit scholarships. Ashley lives in Orlando, Fla. with her husband and three young children.
- Communications & Media Excellence – Women’s Executive Council of Orlando
- Coolest Place to Work in Orlando
- Digital Health Award
- Finalist in Grow Florida’s Best Companies to Watch list
- Hispanic Chamber Don Quijote award
- MarCom Award
- National Organizational Leadership Award – NALFO
- NewU Business Pitch Competition – UNITY Journalists
- OBJ Mentoring Monday Repeat Mentor
- OBJ Social Media Marketing Agency
- OBJ Top Advertising Agency
- Orlando Neon Swan
- Orlando Social Madness Competition winner
- Orlando Women to Watch Finalist
- Orlando’s 40 Under 40
- Outstanding Young Female Leader – La Prensa Newspaper
- Stevie Award
- Top 10 Professional – Lambda Theta Alpha
- Visionary Award Nominee – Girl Scouts Women of Distinction
- W3 Award
- Webby Award
- American Advertising Federation (AAF) and AD2
- Central Florida Gator Club
- Central Florida Young Professionals Advisory Council (YPAC)
- Central Florida Women’s Resource Center
- Compassionate Hands and Hearts Breast Cancer Outreach – Board Member
- Leadership Florida’s Connect Florida – former East Central Florida Chair
- Florida Freelance Writers Association (FFWA)
- Florida Writers Association (FWA)
- Hispanic-American Professional and Business Women’s Association (HAPBWA), Founding Member of Aspiring Latinas Ahora Y Siempre (ALAS)
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
- Hispanic Young Executives and Entrepreneurs (HYPE)
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. – Former national, regional and chapter-level Board Member
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) – Former VP of Marketing
- Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) – Former Diversity Chair
- Quest Inc. – Former Board Member
- RotarAct of Metro Orlando
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- University of Florida Hispanic Alumni Association
- weVenture- Guest Speaker
- Crimestoppers USA
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Florida Governor’s Mansion
- Florida Hispanic Latino Collegiate Forum
- Florida Scholastic Press Association
- Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. Conference
- Hispanic Business Conference & Expo
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Intercollegiate Licensing Association
- Lambda Theta Alpha Convention
- Lewis Clark State College – Idaho
- Miss Black Florida’s Women’s Empowerment Conference
- National Association of Black Journalists
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations
- Orange County Public Library
- Oviedo Winter Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Professional Business Golf Tour
- Public Relations Society of America
- Teen Trendsetters Reading Mentors Summit
- UNITY Journalists Convention
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications
- University of South Florida
What I Do
Through my new venture, Talk Freelance To Me, I provide mentoring services, digital products, and educational seminars to help fellow women writers build profitable, sustaining freelance businesses. On TalkFreelanceToMe.com you’ll find articles, scripts, checklists, templates, training, and other resources designed to help you profit from your writing skills! We connect fellow freelancers to vetted, truly useful products and solutions that will accelerate business growth.